24 Dec Morning Affirmations: Start Your Day Off Right
How and why you should incorporate morning affirmations into your daily routine.
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are words and sayings that people repeat out loud in order to encourage themselves to believe or feel a certain way or to attract the things they want in life. In other words, they are things you repeatedly tell yourself in hopes of making yourself believe they are true or making them become true.
Affirmations can be done at any point during the day, but for best results, it is suggested to incorporate them into your morning routine. Think of them as mini pep talks you give yourself to increase your confidence and make you feel ready for the day ahead.
Why Should You Use Affirmations?
As humans, it is easy to fall victim to our own negative self-talk. Affirmations are a way to actively combat this. When done regularly, affirmations can increase confidence, boost mood, lower stress and reduce anxiety. It is also believed that saying daily affirmations can help you become a more optimistic person.
Choosing Your Affirmations
The first step is to decide what you would like your affirmations to be about. Below are some common topics for affirmations and examples for each:
- I feel strong, energetic and healthy today.
- I take care of my body by being healthy so that it can continue to take care of me.
- I enjoy eating the foods and doing the activities that I need to in order to keep my body and mind healthy.
Happiness / Contentment
- My life is amazing, even when it isn’t perfect.
- I can handle anything that today throws at me.
- I will not let one bad thing or event spoil my entire day.
Relationships & Love
- I am worthy of being loved for who I am.
- My relationship/friendship/marriage is important, fulfilling and joyful.
- I love and respect others the same way I expect others to love and respect me.
Career / Business
- I am open to receiving new opportunities and saying “yes” to those that come my way.
- I am a hard worker who takes pride in everything I am currently doing and have already achieved.
- I am confident that I will make informed decisions whenever I am faced with them.
Wealth & Finances
- I am not stressed when I think about my financial situation.
- I am fully capable of being disciplined with my spending so I can pay down my debt.
- I am smart with my money and am easily able to save it for any future needs.
Affirmations Aren’t Just for Adults
If you have children, you can do daily affirmations with them as well. Doing affirmations with your kids can help solidify their character, build their confidence from a young age and teach them resilience. Affirmations can also discourage negative self-talk and help your kids learn self-love and self-acceptance.
How to Start Using Morning Affirmations
Choosing your affirmations is the first step, but to get the most out of them, you should also:
You’ll lose interest in your affirmations quickly if you choose things that aren’t important to you or don’t inspire you. Choose affirmations that matter to you so that you will want to say them every day.
It’s important to repeat your affirmations every day, out loud. Saying something vocally means that you also hear yourself say it. By hearing the words, you condition your active mind and your subconscious to believe them and act accordingly.
Make Affirmations Part of Your Morning Routine
How you feel in the morning can set the baseline for how the rest of your day goes. By beginning your day on a positive note with your daily affirmations, you are telling yourself and your subconscious mind that you are going to have a good day.
Using Artful Agenda to Help
Being consistent is an essential part of using daily affirmations. You can use Artful Agenda to schedule time or create recurring tasks to practice daily affirmations. Our custom list section is a great place to write out your positive affirmations until you have them memorized
Ready to see how Artful Agenda can help you start using morning affirmations?